1. MISSION OF THE PROVINCE
According to the new law :
• Provide advice in helping the District to mainly allow good collaboration in implementing the national programs .
• Safeguarding the security of people by focusing on activities that do not allow collusion of organs .
• Advocating for district in higher instances
2. PUBLIC FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
In order to create transparency spirit and enhance teamwork among the financial team from all Districts and Province, since 2009 the western Province has initiated the program called PFM (Public Financial Management Peer Review).
This rotating audit in Districts has as objectives:
• To guarantee the independence of financial controls in Districts
• To compensate the limited number of internal Auditors in Districts
• To provide audit capacity by sharing experience on ground
• To raise the political support from District Leadership
• To obtain a Clean Audit Report from Auditor General at Province and all Districts
• To eradicate mistakes, negligence and fraud by all means
• To create a transparency spirit and enhance teamwork among the financial team from all Districts and Province
• To raise audit capacity of PFM Team
• 3 consecutive Clean Audit Reports (FY 2009-2010, FY 2010-2011 and FY 2011-2012)
• Districts raised the willingness to make improvements in order to obtain Clean Audit Report
• Unsupported and partially supported transactions are almost eliminated
• Tender awarding mistakes are adequately controlled, mistakes are communicated earlier and advise provided
• Management support by all Leaders assured.